While email confirmations are sent automatically to the guests by default, text messages are not. This feature needs to be enabled by you, since a fee is charged for each SMS sent.
- Create an SMS template and indicate that it should be sent automatically (see related articles).
- Enable the setting “Send SMS by default” in Settings -> Booking engine -> Manage booking engines -> General options.
- Make sure that the booking has a valid phone number. Sirvoy will try to send the SMS if the number passes a basic validation. The carriers will charge for the message even if the number is invalid.
- SMS booking confirmations will only be sent if the guest ticked the box “Send SMS confirmation” at the time of booking.
- All other automated text messages will be sent only if the booking is opted-in for automated text messages. See the setting “Send automated text messages” when editing contact details for the booking.
- Bookings will automatically be opted-in for text messages if the guest requested the SMS confirmation at the time of booking, or if you enabled “Opt-in for SMS by default”, as mentioned above.
- If you include an email address or a link in your SMS, be aware that some carriers (especially in the USA) filter them automatically and might block the sending.